Transition between primary and secondary school can be a time of anxiety for both students and parents, this year even more so. Our usual events will have to take a different form, but we are still hoping to make the transition as smooth as possible for all involved.
We wanted to keep you up to date with some of the things that are still happening to make this transition possible…
- We are in contact with Year 6 staff from all the schools that your children attend and are gathering information about your children that will help us to allocate them to the appropriate teaching groups.
- At the bottom of this page there is a link to the school handbook, which is full of information about how the school works, what equipment is needed, where to get uniform from etc. There is also a link to a booklet produced by Warwickshire County Council to assist with transition.
- We have already allocated students to Houses and if a language was requested this has been taken into account.
- Students will be taught in the same mixed-ability group for most of their subjects. Extra support is available for those that need it. The pastoral team and the inclusion team work very closely.
- You will all receive a letter in the middle of June which tells you which tutor group and which teaching group your child will be in. It will also tell you which language they will be studying.
- You will also receive some information about how to gain access to our MyChild system, which is one of the ways we communicate with home (parents’ evening appointments, reports etc.) and some information about Parentpay, which is the cashless payment system that we use.
- If you are wanting to buy items of uniform you can do so through the uniform section on the website. Our uniform suppliers are still operating as normal so there should not be any issues.
We are conscious of the fact that this is a difficult time for all, and urge you to get in touch if you have any concerns (big or small), or if you have any information that you think we should know about. Please contact Mr Rosten-Smart on email@example.com
More information will be available as an when we have it and the handbook will also be updated regularly