Polesworth school students are expected to follow the school behaviour policy and the school rules. They should contribute to the school culture by being ready, responsible and respectful.
Student Code Of Conduct
- Wear the correct uniform.
- Always be on time.
- Ensure your phone is only used during break and lunch (but not in the Hall/Gym).
- Sit in the seat you have being given by your teacher.
- Enter the lesson and leave the lesson in a calm and sensible way.
- Complete your ‘Do Now’ task as soon as you have entered the room.
- Follow your teacher’s instructions
- Get involved in your learning and try to answer questions.
- Complete tasks set.
- Ask for support if you need it.
- Complete all homework tasks.
- Push yourself to always improve.
- Respect others by listening when they are speaking.
- Do not distract others.
- Support other students in your lesson.
- Be kind and helpful to other students.
- Think carefully about what you say and how you say it.
- Look after your own belongings and respect those of other people.
- Look after school property and be proud of your school.
- Don’t drop litter.
- On your way to and from school you must behave sensibly and show respect.
BE RESPONSIBLE AND SAFE
- Walk calmly around the school site
- Phones should be switched off in lessons and should not be seen– this includes earphones attached to mobile phones or airpods.
- Do not bring dangerous or banned items to school
- If you bring medication to school, hand it in to reception in Student Services (Nethersole Building).
- Wheel your bicycle on the school grounds and be safe on your journey to and from school
- Clear your table and put rubbish in the bin when you have eaten in the canteen.
- Report graffiti or damage to school property.
- Smoking/vaping is not allowed on school premises or buses.
USE OF SOCIAL MEDIA
- Always be polite when communicating with others.
- Do not use abusive or strong language towards others that may be humiliating and hurtful.
- Do not post or distribute images or videos of others without their permission.
- Do not post or send inappropriate images or videos of yourself or others to anyone.
- Do not post offensive or inappropriate comments about the school or members of staff.
- Report any instances where you come across any information/images that you find upsetting.
- Do not meet with anyone you have met online without first checking with your parents. If they agree to the meeting, make sure it is in a public place and do not go alone, ideally taking a parent with you.