Oliver is the school library homepage. It can be used to search the library catalogue, request books and to access information about the library and Accelerated Reader.
To access Oliver, head to: https://polesworth.oliverasp.co.uk/library/home/news or follow the link to ‘Library Search’ from the ‘Library’ folder under ‘Server Programs’ when logged into any school computer.
Setting up your account
- In order to activate your account, select Login from the Oliver home page and enter your school email address as your username.
- Leave the password field blank and click on ‘login’ and you will be prompted to set a new password.
- Leave the ‘current password’ field blank again and type and confirm your new password underneath. I recommend choosing a password that you will remember and writing it down somewhere safe. You will now be able to use your email and password to log into Oliver.
- Search for books using the search box at the top of the screen (or select ‘Advanced Search’ or ‘Accelerated Reader Search’ to browse by more specific topics or Accelerated Reader levels).
- Once you have found a book that you would like to borrow, check that there is a green tick indicating that it is available and select Add to Basket.
- Go to your Basket (in the menu at the top of the screen) and choose Request, which will send a message to Mr Ray to get your books delivered to your tutor for you to collect.
- If a book is not available at the time you want to borrow it, you can still Reserve it from the basket, and you will get it when it next becomes available.
- Return your book to Mr Ray in the Library. The library is open between 8.15am and 4pm (library closes at 3.30pm on Fridays).
Important: All books borrowed from the library must be returned or renewed within two weeks so that other students can get a chance to read them. There will be a date stamp on the book to show when it is due. Failure to return books on time may lead to you being unable to use the book ordering service in future.
Knowing where to start when looking for a good book can be difficult so try some of the suggestions in our recommendations list (Linked below) if you are unsure. This should give you some ideas. All of these books are available to borrow from the library.