The Polesworth Schools, School Standards Committee (SSC) acts on behalf of the Main Trust Board as a ‘Guardian of Standards’ where as far as possible, all their actions are focused on ensuring the highest standards of educational provision in the school. In broad terms the duties of the SSC are to:
- contribute to and fulfil the vision and ethos of the Community Academies Trust in so far as it relates to the school
- implement and review the strategic plan for the school
- support and challenge the school’s leadership
- support and challenge the Headteacher in the development and review of an appropriate staffing structure for the school that is supported by Growing Great People and implementing all policies relating to staff adopted by the Main Trust Board
- promote the benefits of collaboration and actively work with others
- develop positive relationships with the school’s community
- engage fully and openly with any inspection of the school by OFSTED or any other public body to whom the school is accountable
- engage fully and openly with any evaluative activities led by the Main Trust Board including peer reviews and safeguarding reviews
- ensure that pupils and parents have a voice in the running and improvement of the school.
Chair of Governors: Dr Sue Eaton, Community Governor – responsibility for Behaviour
Vice Chair of Governors: Mrs Tracey Moore, Community Governor – responsibility for Curriculum
Mr Scott Borders, Community Governor – responsibility for Health and Safety
Mrs Sarah Chesters, Community Governor – responsibility for Educational Visits
Mrs Joanna Collinson, Community Governor – responsibility for Child Protection and Safeguarding
Mrs Sally James, Parent Governor – responsibility for Inclusion and SEND
Vacancy – Teaching Staff Governor
Mr Dean Reynolds, Non-Teaching Staff Governor
Mrs Nicola Smith, Parent Governor – responsibility for Student Progress
Mr David Tickle, Community Governor – responsibility for Teaching and Learning
Mrs Claire Underwood, Community Governor – responsibility for Pupil Premium
To contact the Chair of Governors please use the details below:
Dr S Eaton (Chair of Governors), c/o Mrs R Shakespeare (Clerk to the SSC).
The Polesworth School, Dordon Road, Tamworth, Staffordshire, B78 1QT
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Polesworth School is a member of the Community Academies Trust.
To view the trust Articles of Association, Scheme of Delegation, Governance Charter, Register of Interests and Funding Statement, please click here.