The Student Librarian Programme enables pupils to get involved with the running of the Library and to have a positive impact on the school community, whilst developing skills for leadership and teamwork.
This programme gives pupils skills by allowing them to work together to make a difference to the library and the school as a whole. All applicants will be trained in various aspects of library administration and are rewarded with a certificate on completion of each stage. The skills they gain are transferable across the curriculum and in the world of work.
Why should I volunteer?
As a pupil librarian you can make a valuable contribution to the running of the library by:
- helping to develop the services
- running special events such as book fairs, storytelling sessions
- helping the school librarian
- helping other library users – pupils or staff
Perks of being a librarian:
- Have a say in choosing new books for the library.
- First choice on any new books