Curriculum and Revision Information for Parents
At The Polesworth School, we recognise the importance of working in partnership with students and parents/carers to secure the best possible outcomes for our students. Parents gave very positive feedback at the Year 11 GCSE Success evening about the and the information provided which is why we have decided to build upon this. The aim of this is to provide you with the advice and guidance that you need to support your child to achieve their very best in their qualifications, to maximise their opportunities, whether they have just started them in Year 9, settled into them in Year 10 or working with the end in sight in Year 11. The information within the linked booklets is designed to provide a useful summary for parents of key information. Each curriculum information booklet aims to answer the following questions:
- Which exam board and course is it?
- What curriculum topics are being covered this year?
- How many exams or assessments have they got, and what is covered in each one?
- What should my child be focusing on?
- What is the best way for me to support my child in this subject?
- What websites and resources would be helpful?
- What wider reading would be helpful?
- Where can I get resources?
- Have previous students got any tips or advice for this subject?
In addition to the curriculum information booklets we have also attached a copy of the Year 11 Revision conference booklet that parents may find useful in addition to attending the Year 11 Success Evening as it goes through revision techniques, advice and guidance and how students should structure their workload.