Curriculum Information Evening for Parents and Carers
At The Polesworth School, we recognise the importance of working in partnership with students and parents/carers to secure the best possible outcomes for the young people in our care. Therefore, we have built this event on the positive feedback from parents about the Key Stage 4 Curriculum Evenings last year. The aim of this event is to provide you with the advice and guidance that you need to support your son or daughter to achieve their very best in their qualifications, to maximise their opportunities, whether they have settled into them in Year 10 or working with the end in sight in Year 11. We feel that this event is a valuable opportunity for all involved to improve the outcomes for our students.
The information within the linked booklets is designed to produce a useful summary of key information for parents and carers. Each subject page within the booklet aims to answer the following questions:
- Which exam board and course is it?
- What curriculum topics are being covered this year?
- How many exams or assessments have they got, and what is covered in each one?
- What should my child be focusing on?
- What is the best way to support my child in this subject?
- What website and resources would be useful?
- What wider reading would be helpful?
- Where can I get resources?
- Have previous students got any tips or advice for this subject?