Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity at The Polesworth School
The Polesworth School is serious about equality, diversity and inclusivity, for our students, our staff, our parents and carers, and our community.
We’re committed to making EDI central to our culture and ethos, celebrating and encouraging our whole community.
At the core of this is our EDI Strategy – our plan and commitment to fostering and nurturing an atmosphere of respect and acceptance, where we all feel safe and are able to be the best we can.
This is a plan with several key priorities:
- Ongoing audit of the curriculum – looking for opportunities to be more inclusive in our teaching and learning.
- Working with all staff, nurturing and furthering a sense of togetherness and belonging amongst our community through the Behaviour Curriculum.
- Reviewing policies and procedures – as these are reviewed look to ensure that they are continuing to uphold and promote our core values and ethos.
- Enhance our already strong commitment to delivering CPD to all staff.
- Increasing the frequency of opportunity for student voice and developing greater community links and parent voice.
This plan is our public commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity, fostering and nurturing an atmosphere of respect and acceptance.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusivity Lead
“Education needs to enable the student to look through window frames in order to see the realities of others and into mirrors in order to see their own reality reflected.” Emily Style